RESULTS DRIVEN CONSULTANCYContract Lobbying | Government Relations | Business Development | Public Affairs
TRI STATE STRATEGIES | PA
Tri State helps clients successfully achieve their business and policy goals by crafting effective strategies and utilizing our deep and long-standing network of relationships within the Governor’s Office, administration and with legislative leaders from both parties. We work hard to understand your business because every client has unique objectives and requirements. Our experience allows us to create a tailored strategy and execute an action plan to achieve your government relations goals. We serve clients across a broad range of industries including, energy, healthcare, information technology, infrastructure, gaming and more.
WHO WE ARE
T.J. began his political career in 1992 when he was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in the 133rd District representing North Hampton and Lehigh Counties. He served for seven consecutive terms (1993-2006).
- Served as member on the Rules, Consumer Affairs, and Insurance Committees.
- Chaired the Committee on School Violence where he worked on gun safety legislation in Pennsylvania.
In 2003, Mr. Rooney assumed leadership of the Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee where he distinquished himself as a prolific fundraiser and astute strategist. Mr. Rooney’s success as fundraiser and political strategist led him to key political positions statewide and nationally. These include:
- Senior advisor to the Tom Wolf for Governor Campaign and Chair to the Insurance Committee for Wolf’s transition team.
- Key advisor to former Governor and National DNC Chairman Ed Rendell and was appointed by Governor Rendell to Chair of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party, where he served with distinction from 2003-2010. He led efforts that resulted in the reelection of John Street as Mayor of Philadelphia, Dan Onorato as Allegheny County Executive and the winning of five statewide judicial races. His statewide political success led him to key roles on the national scene.
- President of the Pennsylvania Electoral College in 2004.
- Served for nine years as a member of the Democratic National Committee.
- Senior adviser to the Pennsylvania presidential campaigns of Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
T.J. was recently recognized along with co-honoree Alan Novak as the first recipients of the 2017 Allegheny College Prize for Civility in Public Life in Pennsylvania in recognition of their work in navigating divisions in government to build consensus and end stalemates. T.J. is a sought-after speaker and is frequently interviewed and quoted by the media. He is a favorite of state-wide political news outlets as well as Philadelphia talk radio programs. T.J. regularly lectures aspiring political science students at institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania, Saint Joseph’s University and Dickinson College.
With the national conventions right around the corner, T.J. and Alan catch up on what’s going on in the presidential race – both nationally and in Pennsylvania. Rooney: For Democrats, the excitement is building, especially in Pennsylvania as Philadelphia prepares to...read more
As the GOP gathers in Cleveland, Alan and T.J. discuss what Donald Trump needs from the convention and what the convention needs from him. Novak: The convention is the big show. It’s designed to showcase the candidate and the candidate’s party. The Republicans need...read more
Can presumptive nominees Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton unite their respective parties and build campaigns that produce coattails that benefit other candidates? Rooney: It is clear after Indiana that Sen. Bernie Sanders intends to continue to campaign and, as he...read more
P.O. Box 20327
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002
221 Pine Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101